Sunday, December 19, 2010

When the breast cancer knock on your door...

Early in the morning ,i recieved these words

They fall on me like an atomic bomb

They makes me pink colored more than ever

She wrote me her pain ,fear and hope in A letter

I take you in my hand and touch you tenderly

Symbols of sexuality that represent my feminity

One arm above my head in front of a mirror

Feeling and searching I’m shaking in terror

How could these lumps the size of a pea

Spread poison throughout and try to kill me

The constant and relentless chemotherapy

Even then there is no absolute guarantee

Infiltrate, penetrate and radiate these cells

Everyday with this is like living in hell

Can’t eat because my food taste like metal

The ache in my chest makes it hard to settle

That’s nothing compared to despair in my heart

Am I still a woman now this pair is split in half

Slice in and cut out the the root of this pain

From this point on I will never be the same

They don’t make any bras with a singular cup

My beautiful hair is falling out of my scalp

I don’t feel any shred of the female I knew

Can not look at my reflection in full view

I’m a wife and a mother a cherished sister

A grandma an aunt and a beloved daughter

Makes no matter it does not discriminate

I believe my outcome is left up to fate

Hold on to my faith keep loved ones near

Alone at night is when I give into my fear

Tears stream my face it is hard to see

I do not want this to be the end of me

Each day I fight on to conquer this battle

My will like iron though my body’s rattled

I draw strength from resevoirs deep within

To replenish and restore this body I’m in.

My heart beckons for those that went before

The truest of angels with pink wings that soar.

I promiss you my dearest friend

that we´ll survive it together

That I will support you forever and ever

And I will pray every night and day

That the All mighty God will give you the strenth and power.

And as we used to cry together, we´ll laugh again together

/Alain Safa

No comments:

Post a Comment