Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Everlasting wprkout

When you feel you’re all alone,

Remember you have the best company of all

You.

When you need a hug and no one’s there

Take your arms and wrap them around

You

When you’re depressed or feeling blue

Remember I am here thinking about

You

I have been where you are now,

Down so low, just wanting to cry,

Feeling like no one cares,

If I hurt or live or die.

When that mood strikes me now,

And surely it does, I don’t know why,

I pull my poems from darker days

And remember I could be dead always.

I would not see another dawn,

Blue skies, gray skies, they’d all be gone.

A puffy cloud, a leaf so green,

A wildflower there, no one has seen but me.

I would not have a chance to say

I love you no matter what and always.

For as long as I draw a breath,

There is a chance this too shall pass.

This mood will lift, you will go on,

Pick up the pieces of your heart

And with care repairs are made,

So you can live another day.

So the cycle continues on,

The pain our strength will feed upon

Another day another scar

Matters not, we’re tougher by far.

We are not victims anymore

We do not need to even the score

We are survivors and now you see

Our future is up to you and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment