Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I am a poet


You don’t seem to understand that I’m a poet

My eyes don’t see the same world yours do,


For me things aren’t so mercifully clear
You don’t get it do you that I am a poet

Us poets take things tragically hard

All the sadness in the world is on my shoulders

I’m bending, breaking, wounded, bruised, and scarred

The sooner that you realizeI’m a poet

The better it will be for you, my love

Then you’ll know the reasons why I suffer

And my dark days you’ll be less impatient of

You’ll never understand you’re not a poet

You’ll never feel the fury that I’ve felt

Instead of being happy that you want me

I’m angry you once wanted someone else

I didn’t ask for this affliction

As a poet I feel the words your hands can’t as well say

The fact that you’ve known bodies long before mine

Steals my thunder and my joy away

Don’t forget dear,that I am a poet

I could slaughter you with words like razor blades

But I will hold my anguish all inside me

And write it down some other rainy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment