Friday, June 12, 2009

Your raindrops on my thirsty soul




Would you like to feel the rain
drift down upon your open heart?
Would a rainbow dry the tears
of your lover and change the name of your art?

Would you like to feel a tender touch
on your throat gone sore from crying?
Would a whisper sooth the memories
that makes you feel like flying?
***
Then touch my hand and lean on me.
Fall down on me like rain.
You’ll never be whole in loneliness.
So fall, fall down on me like rain.
Would you like to feel a summer sigh
***
blow cool across your breast?
Would the sound of angels call you back
to where your soul can rest?
***
Would you like to feel the sunshine
where before the clouds held sway?
Would awaking to my laughter
place new perspective in your day?
***
Then touch my hand and lean on me.
Fall down on me like rain.
You’ll never be free in helplessness.
So fall, fall down on me like rain.
***
Would you like to feel it gone away
as though it never mattered?
Would it help if I imbibed your thoughts
and to the four winds scattered?

Would you like to feel that I am here
to catch your tears with mine?
Would I see your smile if I told you
that you fall on me divine?
***
Then touch my hand and lean on me
And listen to my soul that sings
hymn to communion more than union, seeking
body’s yearning to match mind’s.
Breathe me in like the raspberry wine
Of roses still redolent of summer rain.
***
Please come on and fall down
and don´t make mistake
The only mistake
Is to be lazy
Fall down on me I´m getting crazy
***
Fall down on me like rain.
I’ll love you more with every drop.
So fall. Fall down on me like rain.


Alain Safa

No comments:

Post a Comment